WE BRING MYSTICISM FROM AROUND THE WORLD
A mystic is a person who seeks a direct and personal experience of the divine or ultimate reality, often through meditation, contemplation, prayer, or other spiritual practices. Mystics believe that through these experiences, they can gain insight into the true nature of the universe and attain a deep sense of unity and connection with all things. They may also seek to understand and transcending the limitations of the physical world and the ego, in order to access a state of transcendent consciousness. The term “mystic” is often used to refer to individuals from a variety of spiritual traditions, including Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Sufism, among others.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER
Mystics and sages approach their pursuit of enlightenment differently in several key ways:
- Methods of Seeking Knowledge: Mystics focus on direct, personal experiences of the divine through spiritual practices such as meditation, prayer, or contemplation. Sages, on the other hand, focus on acquiring knowledge and wisdom through study, reflection, and observation.
- Focus of Study: Mystics focus on the subjective experience of transcendent consciousness and seek to understand the true nature of the universe through this experience. Sages focus on gaining knowledge and wisdom about the divine through the acquisition of information and understanding.
- Approach to Teaching: Mystics may share their experiences and insights with others, but they often view direct experience as a personal matter and do not focus on teaching others. Sages, on the other hand, are often known for sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others through teaching and writing.
- Attitude Towards the Physical World: Mystics may view the physical world and the ego as limitations to be transcended in order to access transcendent consciousness. Sages may see the physical world as a source of information and wisdom, and they may focus on understanding and improving the world through their knowledge and wisdom.
- Purpose of Enlightenment: For mystics, the ultimate goal is to achieve a direct, personal experience of the divine and to attain a deep sense of unity and connection with all things. For sages, the goal is to gain knowledge and wisdom about the divine and to share this understanding with others.